Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Gunga Galunga.... Carl Spackler.

This movie is probably one of the most re-quoted movies of all time. We (Guys) will use this quote time and time again, We will change the words and put them in any order we need to land our point. Most of the time we have destroyed the meaning and pronunciation of the even the simplest words but we are guys and that's what we do.
Yet, this week I find myself once again wondering if I will be able to mumble this simple phrase at the end of this ordeal.

I told you all about the the stent process, the ambulance ride and overnight stay, but I left one thing out. They found a new tumor. Yeah, insert whatever four letter word you would like to here and I have said it. Trust me.

I can remember bits and pieces of the conversations going on while in recovery. I can remember my wife having a "disagreement" with the doctors in recovery on something, but I just couldn't pull it all together. Then I started getting sick and the decision was made to move me to St. Mary's. From there everything shifted from their conversation to getting me moved quickly. Then the conversation just never came back up. I wanted out of the hospital and was more than willing to skip processing anything else that could delay me from my potential release time.

Then on Saturday I started having that nagging suspicion that I was missing something. I knew that whatever it was,it was important. So, I spent a bunch of time just walking up and down the stairs to our basement. Over and over until I could remember one word. Tumor. I asked my wife about it and she confirmed it. They had found a small tumor in my esophagus above where the connection was. They had apparently come in to talk with me twice about it and both times I apparently told them I was fine. I guess I lied.

I talked with Dr. Kendrick's team twice yesterday on this and here are where we are at:
* There is nothing that we can do about the tumor until the stent comes out.
* My body will need time to heal before another procedure can be done.
* It will require another dilation, a ultrasound, and most likely a biopsy at that time.
* It would have been too much to try to take it out during the last procedure so it was left in.
* They do not believe that it is cancerous, but only a biopsy will tell us that.
* I will be meeting with them on Friday to get more information and hopefully a plan to deal with this latest set back.

I really need something to break my way. Just once that's all I am asking for. It's not too much to ask for and I know it will,
It just needs to happen sooner than later....   So I got that going for me....

The neon moon was lookin' over her shoulder
She was sippin' wine and tellin' lots of tales
When the barflies are off the wall
It's hard to stand up straight and tall
When you're lookin' for someone to go your bail
(Putting The Dark Back Into The Night    Sawyer Brown)




1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS.....THIS is a LOT to take in. I'm SO sorry to hear that!!! I hope they get you taken care of....you DEFINITELY need a break! Uff!

    ReplyDelete