Thursday, March 17, 2016

170 Pounds Anyone??


I will quote Michael Keaton from the movie Beatlejuice....  "I've seen the movie 100 times and it just keeps getting funnier." He was talking about the movie The Exorcist. I might not be talking about a movie, but I am stuck in my own personal horror story.

The other morning I weighed myself and the scale read a new number....  171 lbs.  I am closing in on 170 pounds. What the heck?

Here is what I know. I know that 170 pounds will not be a good number for me. I know that I have no idea when the last time I was at this weight. Maybe in 9th or 10th grade when I ran track?

Here is another thing. I do not like they way I look right now. So there will be no crazy selfies in front of a mirror anytime soon. I know you were all waiting for one. However, the closest you will get is that picture of the stick person I posted in my last blog. At the rate I am shedding weight it is good resemblance.

I am not sure how to react anymore. I try to eat and stuff my face with food. One moment it is fine and then the next I am throwing up. Staples like ground beef are hit or miss. Even soups are an adventure now. I still have a few days before the stent comes out and probably a few days on a liquid diet afterwards. So there is a chance that I have not hit my bottom weight yet. 

The good news in all of this. I had a doctors appointment last week with my normal health care provider, Kara. She was concerned about the weight loss and decided to run all new blood work to test for malnutrition. All the tests came back fine. So the blood work from both the Mayo Clinic and the University of Minnesota Heath systems say that I am healthy, just really skinny.  

This morning I was back over 173 pounds, which was nice. I also have to believe that things should start to swing my way after Monday. That is the day that I head back down to Mayo and this damn stent comes out. There will also be an ultrasound taken of the tumor and decision on what to do with that. And just maybe, depending what they see and how the other procedures go, a biopsy may be taken and we can put this new twist behind me.
I can only hope.

Like I said it all just keeps getting funnier.....

Been down one time
Been down two times
I'm never going back again
You don't know what it means to win
Come down and see me again
(Never Going Back Again  Fleetwood Mac)







No comments:

Post a Comment