Monday, March 28, 2016

One week, 7 days…

This will be a short post, but I needed to write about this past week. 
Last week at this time I was down at the Mayo Clinic having the stent removed. Or as I named it “that damn stent”. I know that the stent played an important role and it did its job, but that doesn’t make me like it any better.  I remember when the doctor walked into the room before the procedure, he asked me if I knew what they were going to do to me. I replied you are going to get this damn stent out of me. He just smiled and said “yes, we are”.

Since then, for the most part, I have been pain free. The pain in my chest where the stent was located is gone. I wish that I could put into words how good this feels, but I cant. It is just that for the first time since this all started on August 4th, I am pain free and it feels amazing!

I am off all medications and only need to take my supplements. My weight has stabilized and I sit at 173 pounds. I am still on a “modified soft diet” for a few more days so putting on weight is going to be a challenge. However after Tuesday I can start adding things back in. One of the foods they took off the menu for this period was pizza. I don't know why it was removed, but I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that it will be one of the first ones added back into my diet.  

Then there was yesterday. Easter Sunday. A friend and I served the community breakfast through our local church. Larry and I have done this for the past 6 years. It is something we both look forward too and have a lot of fun doing. Three weeks ago though I didn’t know if I would be able to handle it. The pain and the nausea was constant reminder that I was not well and I didn’t know if I would make it through the morning. But with the stent gone, I felt great. We ran the kitchen like we always had, snitching samples of everything we wanted and the six hours flew by. We laughed and had a blast.

And there was no pain.
What a week!

Fantasy could never be so giving
I feel free, I hope that you are willing
Pick your feet up, and kick your feet up
Dance with me
(Dance with Me  Orleans)

No comments:

Post a Comment