Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Unexpected news

I received a phone call out of the blue from the Mayo Clinic today. At first they only wanted to see how I was doing after the procedure last week. We exchanged notes on how I was doing and, in their opinion, what I could expect over the next week or so. Then the conversation took an unexpected turn.

After the procedure last week the doctor who removed the stent told me that they had done nothing with the tumor. With everything they had done it would have been to risky. What he failed to mention was that they did indeed take a biopsy of the tumor while they were in there and the call today was to update me on the results.

The results.....
The tumor was benign! Nothing to worry about.  Just a unexpected blip on this long and winding path. Benign!
They informed me that unless something goes sideways, I am done at the Mayo Clinic. Done with Mayo Clinic. Done with dilations. Done with strictures. Done with hospitals. Done with this phase of my life.
It has really been a good week!

I'm gonna win, yeah
I'm gonna win
You see it's a matter of pride
Deep down inside
I'm gonna win, yeah
I'm gonna win
(I'm gonna win. Foreigner)

No comments:

Post a Comment