Tuesday, August 25, 2015

WTF... 3 weeks post surgery and I am back in the hospital

I should be home, but I am not.
I should be eating but I am not.
I should be off pain meds, but I am not.

It all started on Friday, then escalated Saturday. I was struggling eating simple foods.  Even things that I ate I'm the hospital would not stay down.  So it was hit or miss, try something new.  Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't.  I was home though, which felt good. 

Saturday night, or actually Sunday morning, just after midnight I started getting sick.  I hadn't eaten much so it was mostly the dry heaves  they lasted until 5:30.  For the most part I slept on the bathroom floor. By anyone's standards it was a miserable night. I though I could tough it out, but when it started up again around noontime on Sunday, I was done. 

I called the Mayo hotline number they gave me and their response was that I needed to be re admitted, and they wanted to know how fast I could get there  we arrived around 3:30 on Sunday and I am still here.  Yesterday they gave me a Popsicle, some cranberry juice, and ice chips, and none of it stayed down.  Today I was given a Pic line and they will start supplying nutrients through that this evening. I am still not eating solid food and am now down 30 pounds.

They checked for a twisted bowl and it was negative.  The checked for a blockage or a narrowing of the esophagus and it was negative.  I have had C.T. scans, X-rays.  I have poked, prodded, picked at and stuck yet still no relief.  

This is getting old really fast

Looks like I will be here for a while.

And I'll drink and dance with one hand free
Let the world back into me
And on I'll be a sight to see
Back in the high life again
(Back In The High Life Again.  Steve Winwood)

1 comment:

  1. Ugh....not good!!! I hope they find some relief for you. Prayers definitely being sent!!!

    ReplyDelete