Saturday, August 8, 2015

So I'm not dead yet, I don't want to go on the cart



Day 3 and 4 gutless.
Yesterday they moved me from a clear liquid diet to a purée diet.  Meaning I can have mashed potatoes and gravy. I have not tried the soup and broths yet, but after yesterday's adventures with food  they seem like a natural switch. I am trying the puréed pancakes for breakfast this morning so I will let you know how that goes.
I woke up yesterday feeling bloated and the pain was intense  they had me on  dilaudid pump for pain that I could push every ten minutes.  I just could never tell the difference and sine I cannot leave the hospital while still using it, I had them take it out. My sister Melanie and her husband Jim came back down to see me, but I hurt so bad I couldn't stay awake.  Sorry guys.
Next thing I knew it was a few hours later and I awoke to find my cousin Kathy sitting next to me.  Wasn't expecting that and it sent me into a coughing fit.  The good news is that it released the gas that was trapped inside.  Hurt like hell but afterwards I felt a lot better.
We topped off yesterday by getting moved into a private room .

Today has started off ok. Dr Kendrick came in and said that if I have a good day today with no pain the there is a possibility that I can go home tomorrow.  So much for that.
They sent me down for C.T.'s and that is where things went backwards real fast.
Now it's three steps backwards. Nothing to eat or drink for a few days  They are trying to get a hold of Dr Kendrick but it looks like I have sprung a leak. Not what I wanteted to hear.  No food or drink until they find out if it will heal itself
Today was by far the worst day here..
Some days suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment