Wednesday, September 23, 2015

You Win Some, You Loose Some. An Update From Yesterday

Let's start off with the good news.

I get to go back to work next Wednesday.
I was give the all clear by Dr. Kendrick's team and we are good to go. They have no concerns about my health as far as the surgery goes. My restrictions have been removed and I am able to return to my previously scheduled life to the extent that I can tolerate it. It will feel So good to be back at work.
I know that it is still work, but sometimes things are just different.
I stopped by the office last Monday to drop off some paperwork and got a chance to catch up with a bunch of folks while I was there. It felt so good to be back. I have a great team and have wonderful co-workers, so it will be good to get back. I have also been working a couple of hours here and there at the store. Again, wonderful people to work with and our customers are the best. I just need to get back into the mix at both places.

The not so good news.
First. Somewhere I lost a couple more pounds and the dietitian was not impressed. The Mayo has the official scale and if the reading yesterday was correct, I am now down almost 45 pounds. I have no more weight to loose. This is going to make the next few weeks challenging. She wants me to start counting calories again and would like me to eat 2,000 to 2,400 calories per day. I still struggle with sugar and a lot of calories come from sugar, so I am not sure how that is going to happen.

Second. I have to go back down to Mayo again on Friday to meet with the Neurology department. I am having an issue with one of my legs which is making it difficult to get around.
While in the hospital I was give a series of Heparin shots. The drug is used to prevent blood clots while you are you are bed ridden. I was getting three shots a day, and I was in the hospital a total of 15 days. So all in all, I received 45 Heparin shots while there. The shots were given in my thighs and they would switch from one leg to another. Now I have an issue where my left thigh. It has gone numb, except for the spot where it feels like a razor blade is running across it. If I stand or walk for too long it hurts, so they need to figure out what is going on there.

In the end, I was happy with the visit.  I get to get back to living. I go back to work a week from today and for the most part all is well again.

In fact on Saturday night, I am going to see one of my favorite local bands play and it might just be the time to see what the new plumbing thinks of beer. I keep you updated!

We find out what we are made of
When we are called to help our friends in need
(Count On Me   Bruno Mars)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment