Monday, September 7, 2015

Hey, I might just pull this off!

Happy Labor Day everyone. I hope wherever you are that you are having an amazing end to your summer. 

Things here are going really well this time.  I am, for the most part, off of pain medications. Unless I eat the wrong thing, or too much of the right thing, I do not need them.  I still have a shelf full of medications and supplements that I need to take, but I am pleased that the pain meds are for the most part gone.

I am still losing weight, but even that has slowed down to a manageable level. I have lost two pounds since leaving the hospital over a week ago.  Managing my weight by counting grams of protein instead of counting calories has helped a lot. 

I still struggle though with eating and keeping myself hydrated. I feel that will most likely come around as these next few weeks progress.   

For food they want me eating small amounts every two hours or so.  The catch is that I cannot drink anything one half hour before I eat, or for one half hour after I eat.  That makes eating and drinking challenging. You are trying to schedule when you eat and when to stop drinking.  Basically I need an hour and a half with no liquids.  I can focus on eating and then once the hour and a half is done, try to catch up on my liquids.

Bottom line is that I spend a lot less time eating and keeping hydrated than I do planning on how to eat and keep hydrated.  If that makes any sense. 

The doctors have pushed my return to work date back to the end of September. So I have another 4 weeks to try to figure out how I am going to continue to eat this way, once I get back to my normal routine.

Tomorrow will be five weeks out from my surgery and it is finally beginning to look like I am turning the corner and starting gain some steam towards getting health again.

Thanks for all your support.

Breathe in deep. Let it out.
Wash the bitterness out of your mouth.
Threes no room left for darkness when, you’re filled with the light it comes out.

(Let It Rain   Zac Brown Band)

No comments:

Post a Comment