Thursday, September 17, 2015

A couple weeks.

Just how long is a couple of weeks? 

I hear it all the time. “You hear you are a couple weeks away from feeling somewhat normal.”  “You are a couple of weeks away from getting your strength back.”  You’re a couple of weeks from this, you’re a couple of weeks from that and it never seems to get closer. I want a date that is more definite that a “couple of weeks”

Now I have one and it is not a “couple of weeks”. It is just under two weeks. 13 days and I return to work. It may sound the same, but it is not. To many times a “couple of weeks” can drag on, but I have a date.  Wednesday September 30th, and I get to move on from this stage of my life, turn the page and move on.

OK, so I have an update with the surgical team next Tuesday and I need to pass that. Something could go sideways on me there to delay my return, but it shouldn’t. I feel good. My weight has stabilized. I seem to be eating and drinking enough to get me through the first week or so without a huge weight loss.

Anyway, the paperwork for my return to work is signed and turned in. The first week in Oakdale will be Wednesday thru Friday.  The store will start putting me back on the schedule in October. It is all good.
So unless something bad happens on the 22nd, I am heading back to work.


Out there in the spotlight
You're a million miles away
Every ounce of energy
You try to give away
As the sweat pours out your body
Like the music that you play

(Turn The Page  Bob Seger)

No comments:

Post a Comment