Saturday, September 12, 2015

I gained a pound!

I know that in most people's lives that headline is not a cause for celebration, but in my case it is. From Wednesday to Thursday, I ate enough protein to add one pound of weight back on. This is the first time, since August 4 that, I have had a positive weight gain day. Now I may have given it back since then, but I will take the victory that day anyway. It is a good sign that things are getting a lot better.

I am now down 42 pounds since this all started. None of my clothes fit, and even my belts don't go small enough. I found a container of old clothes, not sure why I kept them, but there were jeans in there that I haven't fit into since Jackson was born 21 years ago. I need a belt to keep them on. I am not a huge clothes shopper so the thought of going out to buy a new wardrobe does nothing for me.

Eating is still a hit or miss proposition. I have found some high protein staples that have helped. Fish is my new friend. Lunchables are a great source of protein and are easy to have around and to snack at during the day, Greek yogurt is a great source of protein, but has taken me a bit longer to "acquire" the taste for. All in all I believe that I have a war chest of foods that I can eat to keep my weight up especially once I return to work later this month.

I still struggle keeping hydrated, but have found a new friend to help. Watermelon!  The first time I tried it, it did not agree with me. Watermelon pulp is stringy, got stuck going down and then proceeded to come back up. Last night I took and juiced the watermelon in the blender to create a drink and it was amazing. It was not too sweet, but had amazing flavor. It had come directly out of the fridge so it was really cold. I will be doing that more and more often now.

I have been spending a lot of time arguing with my insurance company about coverage for the supplements I will be taking for the rest of my life. It seems as if they will cover none of them, especially the B-12 shot. It is the only one I can not find an over the counter alternative for.

At the end of the day, things now seem to be turning my way. I know I still have a ways to go and need to start working on building up my stamina. Yet, for the first time in a long time, I feel good and believe that there will be a point in time when all this will be behind me.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Pablo! This is a fantastic report. One day, and pound at a time. Love you brother.

    ReplyDelete