Friday, July 22, 2016

Wrapping Up A Vacation

It's late afternoon here on the coast and we are putting our finishing touches on our beach vacation of 2016. Tomorrow morning we all start our journey home.

My goals for this vacation were simple. Sit back relax and heal some more. Yea, I threw in some other odds and ends but they were just added bonuses. I would like to think that I accomplished all of my goals, but only time will tell.
Tonight we head out for a nice dinner together and then tomorrow morning we need to be out of the beach house by 10am.
There are always tears, but it gets followed by the excitement knowing that this group in one form or another has been making this trip every other year for the past 18 years. The faces may change but the journey remains the same.

Two years from now, when we get back here, a new generation of our family will be experiencing this getaway for the first time...
Now that is something to look forward too. 

In my mind I'm going to Carolina. 
Can't you see the sunshine, can't you just feel the moonshine.
Ain't it just like a like a friend of mine to hit me from behind? 
Yes, I'm going to Carolina in my mind.
(Carolina In My Mind. James Taylor)


No comments:

Post a Comment