Monday, July 18, 2016

Good Morning From The Beach


We all made it safe and sound.
Today is our second full day here and it's been amazing. We have had days filled with sunshine, walks on the beach, smiles and the ocean. At night we play games, listen to music and fill the house with laughter. Just what the doctor ordered.
Our first night we were even treated to a thunderstorm that rolled up the coast and shook the house.
Last night my son and I went for a stroll on the beach. OK, I went for the stroll, he was Pokémon(?) hunting. I guess we caught three and we didn't even bring bait.

Speaking of fishing...

I met this little guy while walking on the beach yesterday. He lives in Tennessee and he is 4 years old. This was his first time to the ocean and his first time fishing. His older brother had already caught a fish so he was sad that no fish had taken his line. Yet, he knew one would because now it was "his turn". Sure enough, while I was there he had hooked on to his first ever fish. So when I took this picture, the battle had begun.
The fish he caught was no more than four inches long and looked more like a mouse that it did a fish. But it didn't matter to him. He had caught his fish. He had even struggled to bring it in on a full size fishing rod because that was how his brother caught his. He helped to unhook the fish and he released it back into the water.
Then he yelled, he cheered and danced in the water.

Depression is something that I have struggled with since the operation. You have your plan and you do your best to stick to the plan. All the while knowing that life doesn't care about your plans and the wheels can come off your plan at any moment. My plan has been derailed so many times. You just adjust the plan and start over. It just sucks.
Even here at the beach it creeps back in. It is just always there.
My doctors check on it and we talk about it every time I see them. They have not put me on anything for it as of yet but we are talking about it.
Yet after watching that little guy yesterday, maybe I am going about this all wrong and just maybe I need to take a page out of his book.

Maybe I just need to yell, cheer and dance a little bit in the ocean.

So let's sink another drink
'cause it'll give me time to think
If I had the chance, I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancing with myself
(Dancing With Myself  Billy Idol)


1 comment:

  1. if you want to read more about good morning wishes than click here.
    i write here, so click here to check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete