Saturday, July 11, 2015

"Don’t tell me, we are about to go over a huge waterfall? “Yep” Sharp rocks at the bottom? “Most likely” Bring it on.” The Emperor’s New Grove.

This morning we were moving my son into his new apartment and I came to the realization that I am running out of time before the surgery.  

22 days left before I have to be down at the Mayo Clinic.
14 days left of work at Blount.
6 shifts left at the store.
3 Fridays 
3 Saturdays

Then everything changes. 
When our nephew Jonathan was up, he got us a very nice bottle of wine to drink.  We started talking about plans for a nice meal that included the bottle of wine for our anniversary.  Steaks on the grill, mushrooms, baked potatoes and the wine.  Just a nice relaxing dinner.  One problem, our anniversary is on September 3rd.  For the most part, all of that meal will be off the menu for me. That is, unless I run it through a blender first.  
Happy Anniversary.

Can I just say that this sucks?  Am I allowed to say that? Because it does. 
I keep telling myself “I got this”.  Got what?  Who am i kidding? I am just tied to that branch floating down the river towards the waterfall with Kusco. There will be a sudden stop on the 4th followed by some pain. The pain gets covered by drugs.  However the rest changes are a little more permanent.  Diet coke, gone. Those who know me know that I live on that stuff. It is my coffee, my drug of choice to get this old body up and running. I assume Coke’s stock price will plummet shortly after the 4th.  I will need to learn to eat all over again.  Slower, smaller portions, more often during the day. I told myself that I had plenty of time to condition my body to this new way of life. I guess I failed at that one.  

Ok.  Pity blog done.  I just needed to write it and get it out of my system.  I got this.  Really I do.  Valleyfair on the 17th.  The Harvest Festival on August 1st. Then down to Mayo on the 3rd.  
Yea, I got this.  My only real worry needs to be that I don't come out of surgery as a Lama.  
Bring it on  BOO-YEAH

Some rain, some shine. We’ll make this a world for two
Our memories of yesterday will last a lifetime
We’ll take the best, forget the rest
And someday we’ll find
These are the best of times
(Best of times   STYX)

No comments:

Post a Comment