Saturday, July 25, 2015

Food Tour.. The One And Only Stop

Now it seems to be customary to do a food tour before you have your stomach removed.  For whatever reason I never got into doing one.  Don’t get me wrong, as I have said before, I love to eat and I do it well.  There are also a lot of different restaurants that enjoy eating at.  Yet for some reason eating out never made it to the top of the list of things that I wanted to get done before the surgery. There were other places to go and things to accomplish and none of them revolved around eating. 
Except for last night.  Prime Rib dinner at the River Inn.  It is my favorite meal and my favorite place to eat it at.  Over my career I have had the opportunity to eat prime rib at many different establishments. The prime rib at the River Inn is the best that I have found and the standard by which I hold all others up to.  If you are ever out this way, on a Friday or a Saturday you should plan on checking it out.  Rick, Jody and the staff there really do prepare some of the best prime rib you will ever have.  Please be prepared to wait to get seated because the place it hopping on these nights, but the food is worth the wait.

Another great part of last night was that Edie and I got to share the evening with my sister Melanie and her husband Jim.  If you have been reading my blogs, then you know that Melanie had her stomach removed back in January.  She is an amazing lady that has make the decision not to let life pass her by just because she doesn’t have a stomach any longer.  She drank beer and ate prime rib with us last night, 6 months after her surgery.  That again gives me hope that even though I am going through this that things will get back to normal soon.



The rest of my timeline looks like this
4 days of work at Blount left
3 shifts at the store
The Hanover Harvest festival a week from today
Surgery a week from Tuesday.

Have a great week.

So you live from day to day, and you dream about tomorrow, oh.
And the hours go by like minutes and the shadows come to stay
(Wasted Time  Eagles)

No comments:

Post a Comment