Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Never Fold Pocket Two's

I enjoy playing Texas Hold'em poker.
There is a hand that most everyone plays...
Pocket Two's.
"You never lose with pocket two's." is what they say and a lot of times they are correct.


Well I am sitting on pocket twos for tomorrow and not sure how the deal will go.


My appointment at the Mayo Clinic is at 2 pm. It is going to go one of two ways. Real good, or real bad. I have prepared myself for the real bad scenario. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have the real good outcome, but I have already heard the bad words from the U of M and North Memorial.
I have heard it twice now. "I am sorry Mr. Engnell, there is nothing that we can do to fix your double vision." There is even a team at the U of M waiting for me to be told this so that they can help take the next step. I just don't know what that next step will be.
It almost for sure includes yet another surgery. But a surgery to do what? Fix my eyes? Remove my right eye? Or another option is to leave it alone and let it be, but sew it shut so I can not use it.


Which happens
Do I catch a runner on the flop?
Or a two on the river?
I know they are all poker sayings but that is what I feel like right now. Do I catch a miracle with this doctor and he is able to pull off some kind amazing feet that will have me using both eyes again. Or is this all a waste of time and I need to adjust to a life of using only one eye.

A lot is riding on tomorrow.
I will let you know how the deal goes.
Every gambler knows
That the secret to survivin'
Is knowin' what to throw away
And knowin' what to keep
(The Gambler  Kenny Rogers)





No comments:

Post a Comment