Wednesday, March 21, 2018

"Sometimes I just think funny things" Dudley Moore, Arthur



So at the end of my last blog, I made the statement that:
“Then once that is completed they can go in with a screwdriver and adjust the alignment screws on the sides like we did with the automobile headlamps.”
Remember that?
I thought it was a funny line so I added it.
It was just supposed to be a funny thought.

Then there was today.
Due to a bunch of different reasons I am moving my care to the University of Minnesota from North Memorial. This has nothing to do the with the care I received from North Memorial they have been absolutely amazing top to bottom. It is just better for my family and I if we move to the U at this point in my recovery.

I met with the DRs from the U of M this morning.
The next surgery is scheduled for this coming Monday. They are going to go in, remove the custom plate that was put in and put then replace it with the wedge. The wedge will raise the eye and move it forward. Once done then they can go in and work the muscles around the eye to get everything into alignment.

That is where the conversation got a little wonky.
Once I heal, a second surgery will take place. A different doctor will handle the procedure to do all the aligning. They are going to go in and make “adjustments” to the muscles surrounding the eye to get it as lined up as possible. They will then close me up and move me to recovery.
Once in recovery they will make the final “adjustments” to get the eyes lined up once again for single vision.
Adjustments in recovery you ask?

Remember the comment about going in and adjusting the headlights using the screws?
The statement I thought was funny.
It was just supposed to be funny.
Yeah, that is what they are going to do, sort of.

I will not have screws, but they are going to attach surgical thread or something to the muscles surrounding the eye.
Once in recovery they will then pull on each thread/string/wire/clothes hanger/whatever separately until they get the eye in a place where it lines up with the other one and I have single vision again.
Sounds painful.
My hope is for good drugs.

And I love the clothes I wear
Where their life goes I don't care
It's my price I'm proud to pay
I'm a freak
(Freak   Kiss)

2 comments:

  1. For confirming that your car has proper headlight alignment , we recommend you to take your car first on a test drive on road. If in case, you feel improper adjustment and alignment, then you should take it to the nearby quick fit centre of some reliable company like Rathdowney Quick Fit Company. Feel free to take the services again and again until you find the right position and alignment of your headlights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proper headlight alignment is crucial for one’s safety on the road. But sometimes, unfortunately, car headlights get misaligned anonymously by themselves, which should not happen though. Besides aiming headlight, another significant thing to consider is the worn-out bulbs. The bulbs present both at the front and back have filaments, which tend to expand over the course of their lives.

    ReplyDelete