Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Scars...

I was scanning through Facebook posts the other day when I came across this image and decided that I wanted to share it.

I have the wounds. I have the scars. Heck I even added a few more scars yesterday with the latest surgery on my eye. So at the end of all this, what will my story say?

Right now I am kind of a mess.
My right eye is completely covered with a bandage so I can't tell what the eye is going to look like. I can tell you that the doctor did say that healing was going to take three to six months and he also mentioned that it was going to look a "little rough' for a while.
I tried to get some clarity around a "little rough" but he said everyone comes out a little different. It's just that there is a big difference between having dark circles around you eye because you need a nap and what your eye looks like after taking fist to it. A BIG difference.
Well I am supposed to take the dressing off later this afternoon so I will know shortly.

The surgery went as about normal as it could with me. Meaning there was some slight complications. Instead of taking two hours to complete it took three and a half hours. The plan was to fix the bottom eyelash, but when they got in there they found that the top eyelash has started to roll inward also so they needed to fix that one as well. There was also a lot more scaring in the area then they had hoped for so they needed to clean that up before they could continue with the repair work. In the end though the surgeon was pleased with the outcome and feels confident that I have this part of the journey behind me.
The next step will be trying to get both eyes to play nice together again. Which will mean another surgery.

I don't know what my story should say, but this chapter heading should be titled.
Hey Idiot Don't Do This Again!

It's my life
And it's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive
(It's My Life  Bon Jovi)



No comments:

Post a Comment