Wednesday, December 21, 2016

An Apology.

I feel like I need to start this blog out with the simple words, I am sorry.

I recently had a conversation with a person that I respect and love as brother and after telling him where I was at in my recovery, he responded with "now you have nothing to complain about".
Have I used this form for nothing but to complain? If I have then I missed what my goal was in sharing this journey. And I am sorry,.

My goal was to leave a path that my children, my grandchild, my brothers and sisters, my nieces and nephews could follow if they ever found themselves in the same situation. A path that my sister Melanie and I found ourselves walking down. Yea the situation sucks, but we have both survived it and are living our lives without the risk of stomach cancer.

During this holiday season I have so much that I am thankful for. I am thankful for my life, a life filled with friends and family. A life with my new grandson Mr. Remi.
My hope is that this blog has not been one of a life missed, but rather of a life that lives fully without fear.

Please know that the message that I wanted to leave was one of hope and one of strength. A message that no matter what the challenge is you can over come it. You can persevere, you can survive, you can win.

I hope I didn't get too far off track.

Roger

I'm sorry, brother I'm sorry I let cha down
Well, these days your're fine
No these days you tend to lie
You'll take the west train, just by the side of Amstedam
Just by your left brain, just by the side of the Tin man
(Amsterdam  Imagine Dragons)

No comments:

Post a Comment