Monday, December 5, 2016

16 Months Post Surgery And Change Is In The Air.....

A year ago I wrote about change and how events small and large change who you are.
Well this week we are waiting on two large changes that will forever change our family.

Big change number one....

The company I work for was sold.

What does that mean for me? I don't know yet.
The sale gets completed on December 30th so by the end of the year I could be unemployed. I could also be working for a new company, I am looking, but have not found anything as of yet.
Still I may stay with my current company and in that case I would most likely have to relocate to Jonesboro Arkansas. That brings up all sorts of changes. The biggest of which would be the impact to our family unit.
On one hand we would be closer to our daughter, her husband, and our future grand-baby.
On the other hand we would also be a lot further away from our son and daughter who will be remaining here in Minnesota. UUGGHH.
I will know more over the coming few weeks, but I can tell you that at 54 years old, I am not a fan of this change.

However....
Speaking of the Grand-Baby. The countdown has begun!
Big change number two....

By the end of the week I will be a Grandpa.

Since we have not been told if the baby is a boy or girl, we all refer to the baby as Baby B. Now Baby B is not actually due until January 1st, but due to some complications they will be inducing my daughter later this week. So Baby B will have a name and be part of our family before weeks end.
My daughter and her husband have had a number of challenges during the pregnancy. As a parent you want to be there and help them. You just ache as you see them go through this alone when they are so far away. Yet they did it. They handled these complications with strength and faith.
I can't tell you how proud I am of both of them.
AND..
I can't tell you how much I am waiting to hear the words, "You are a Grandpa!"

See..  Change can be good also....

There been times that I thought I couldn't last for long
But now I think I'm able to carry on
It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gon' come, oh yes it will
(A Change Is Gonna Come    Sam Cooke)

2 comments:

  1. Those ARE some big changes!!! Whatever is meant to be will happen as far as your job goes. AND what great news with baby coming!!! SO excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep on blogging even if you move...I love following your story. I was, ALSO, hoping that this next year we could do the NSFC walk TOGETHER...maybe in MN somewhere IF you're still around??? :):)

    ReplyDelete