Saturday, October 3, 2015

Back at it.

Well I managed my first few days back at work and here are my observations.

1. The world doesn't stop when you need to get off it for a short time. It went on just fine without me. Sometimes you may wish that it would just pause and let you catch your breath, but it doesn't. The industry I work in just kept chugging along, the company adapted and adjusted to our customers needs. Things changed, progress was made while I was out and now I am left playing catch up.
It is an odd feeling to say the least. Almost like starting a new job. 

2. Sitting in the break room and getting food stuck is an awkward feeling. That happened to me on my first day back. I sat there hoping that it would pass, but it didn't. I kept looking around at the other folks in break room wondering if they knew what was happening or not? Everyone is happy that I am back and concerned for me. How do I walk out to take care of it with out raising an alarm?
I find myself now trying to time my lunch at times when there is no one in the break room.

3. Even a mild case of dumping at work or on the drive home sucks. Enough said on that one.

In the end I lost 2 pounds on my first day back. The food getting stuck and the dumping incident both happened on that day. I lost another 1/2 pound on Thursday. I have to get this under control, so I was shoving food into my face all day Friday and managed to add back one of the pounds I lost. Give some, take some.

Today started with having to give myself a B-12 shot. First time I did it. I made Edie do it last month.  United Health Care is still refusing to pay for them, but thanks to Walgreens I can get the shots for under $4.00 a shot. The same thing Target wants to charge me $18 for. I can afford the $4.00.

All in all it was great to get back to work. The trials and challenges continue, so you Just pick yourself up and keep going. Things will work out in the end.

When things look low you've gotta keep strong
 Feet to the grass, you've gotta walk it off
 The bows been tied too tight to laugh
 Feet to the ground, you've gotta walk it off
(Red Light  Jonny Lang)

No comments:

Post a Comment