Friday, June 12, 2015

Just a quick update.

The surgery is now officially on the books.

When we met with Dr. Kendrick and his team they told me that he only scheduled his surgery calendar out 60 days. So we couldn’t “officially” lock down the surgery date at that time. His assistant also explained that he only operates on certain days so we needed to coordinate the day we wanted to have the surgery with the days he does surgery. From what they could see it looked fine, however we needed to lock the date down as soon as his August calendar opened on June 1st. They did place a note in his schedule to put me on the calendar, but I needed to call them to confirm.  

Now I have a messenger bag that has all of my health related information in it. It includes all of the phone numbers for the Mayo Clinic. I have been carrying that bag back and forth from my office for a couple of weeks just so I could make that call. I can’t explain why, but this call was a lot harder call to make than it should have been. June 1st came and went and I couldn’t make the call. In fact I didn’t actually make the call until just a few days ago. Maybe if I didn’t set the surgery, then it might not need to happen. One could only hope.  UUGGHHH! 

It is done now and the surgery is now officially on the books for August 4th at St. Mary’s Hospital in Rochester.    

You live in a world of illusion
Where everything's peaches and cream
We all face a scarlet conclusion
But we spend our time in a dream
(Jungle Love   Steve Miller Band)

No comments:

Post a Comment