Thursday, September 28, 2017

Last Few weeks... Part 4 Friday Appointment

Here I go again.....
Tomorrow morning at 7:30 I go back into surgery. I have added them up and this will be my 4th surgery and 17th time I have been fully sedated since August 2015. I’d cry “UNCLE’ but I am so far beyond that it is ridiculous.


So there are two goals for tomorrow’s procedure. First is to put a custom plate in that should be able to hold my right eye in place. They found someone who was able to create the plate and now I just need to get it installed. I am assuming that since it is a “custom” plate that they are going to charge me a pretty penny for it and in my opinion should probably come with “free installation”. It won’t, but one can hope. The best that I can hope for is that it will fix the double vision and allow me go back to being able to see through both eyes at the same time. I haven't been able to do that since the accident.
Second is it roll my eyelash back out. According to the surgeon there was less than a two percent chance that after the first surgery scar tissue would cause one of my eyelids to roll back in on itself so that my eye lashes were in contact with my eyeball.
Less than two percent chance, huh… He had only seen it once before, huh…. He wasn’t worried about it, huh… Shouldn’t be an issue, huh…
Very rare…. RIIIGGGHHHTT..
Now he has seen it twice. It’s not a lot of fun let me tell you. My eye always aches and waters consistently. They will fix that also.


I am both excited and worried about this surgery. Excited to be able to use both eyes again. I am going on almost two months without being able to use my right eye. Two months with having daily pain in that eye even when I don't use it. I wear a black patch on it as often as possible and when the patch is not on that eye has to be closed. It makes doing most things difficult. I can see out of both eyes, but since they are not aligned it makes using both at the same time impossible.


I am worried about the “what if’s”. What if this doesn’t fix the problem. What if I do this and after surgery tomorrow I still am still seeing double. I have discussed with a couple of doctors my options if that does happen and I really don’t like any of them.

A lot riding on tomorrow.



I come around all broken down and
Crowded out And you're comfort
Sometimes the place I go
Is so deep and dark and desperate
I don't know, I don't know
(Every Day   Rascal Flatts)

No comments:

Post a Comment